Plastic Bag information from MrBoxOnline:
- Our bags are made from polyethylene and meet FDA requirements for food applications.
- MrBoxOnline has a broad selection of sizes and gauges to meet any need.
- Our bags hold everything from small items to larger items requiring temporary protection in order to stay clean, fresh, and orderly.
- All of our bags are bottom sealed for added strength.
How to measure a plastic bag
Plastic Bag dimensions:
- The first dimension stated when describing a poly bag is the width. All MrBoxOnline bagsmeasurements are inside diameter (ID).
- Flat Bags:
- Side Gusset Bags: Bottom Gusset Bags:
Order of Measurement
- Width X Length plus gauge
- Width X Gusset X Length plus gauge Width X Length X Gusset plus gauge
- Width = (the circumference of the drum divided by 2) + 2”. It is easiest to use a flexible tape measure and measure around the widest part of the drum.
- Length = (height of the drum + the width [diameter]) + 4”.
- The extra 4” provides the extra material to fold over or tie the bag.
MEASURING FOR BOX LINERS:
- Width = (the circumference of the box divided by 2) + 2”. The circumference equals the sum of the length of each side. Length = 1⁄2 the narrow width + the height of the box.
- Add 5” to 8” extra material for fold over or tie off.
MEASURING FOR PALLET COVERS:
- Width = (the circumference of the pallet divided by 2) + 4”. The circumference equals the sum of the length of each side. Length = (1/2 the narrow width of the load + the height
- of the load) + 2”.